Posted on 25 February 2016
LADIES CHELSEA SKIRT
Written by Melanie Hall for Pattern Emporium
Every girl needs a “go-to” skirt pattern. You know, the one that no matter the occasion, it just has that classic style that can go from casual to classy and everything in between.
Lets have a look at some different ways the Panelled Skirt can be the workhorse in your wardrobe.
For a full description of the options available in the Chelsea Skirt, click here.
Fabrics like denim, drill and fun colourful prints paired with a mini or knee length skirt are perfect for fun and stylish daywear. Throw on a simple singlet or t-shirt and you're out the door in no time looking cool, calm and collected.
Make a statement in style with a dressy fabric like crepe de chine, sateen or leather to let your skirt take centre stage. Pair it with a fitted blouse or cami and blazer for a polished look.
And Everything In Between…
You can’t go past a deliciously swishy maxi skirt for a truly versatile outfit that holds it's own in any setting. Choose a fabric with drape such as rayon or chambray, and pair it with a singlet or graphic tee for a modern casual look, a button up shirt tied at the waist or a cardi for the cooler weather.
- To tuck or not to tuck – tucking your top in will elongate your bottom half and ensure that your waistline is not lost. If this is way out of your comfort zone you can opt for the half-tuck (just at the front).
- Choose a semi-fitted or fitted top, or if you prefer a looser top, wear it with a belt to add some definition.
- A heavier weight fabric like denim will be less likely to cling to any curvy bits you might wish to disguise.
- Rock your knee and maxi length Chelsea Skirt in the cooler months with a hip length blazer, a cute little sweater, cardi or denim jacket.
- Make a statement with a bold necklace or some fun bangles.