Heartlight Knit Skirt
Posted on 30 April 2016
LADIES HEARTLIGHT KNIT SKIRT
Written by Melanie Hall for Pattern Emporium
The Heartlight Knit Skirt pattern is every girl’s dream. It’s comfortable, easy to wear & perfect for, well, everything!
By simply changing lengths and fabrics you can have a whole closet full of spectacularly swishy skirts!
You will find the pattern here.
Walking the dog, covering up at the gym or running up and down the sideline at your kids sporting events? Try the long mini, knee or midi lengths in spandex, ponte or cotton Lycra.
Lunch at your favourite cafe, meeting the teacher or a spot of fabric shopping? Go for a midi or maxi length in everything from ponte, spandex, ITY, rayon Lycra or cotton Lycra and pair with some casual flat shoes and a T-shirt or blouse.
Getting Your Glam On...
Go dramatic in any length! It’s all about your fabric choice. Soft floaty stretch suede, a little (or a lot) of sequins, or get sassy with some pleather! Think outside your comfort zone for an outfit that packs some punch and has the paparazzi lining up to take your pic!
- Unleash your inner Dress-Up Diva and try styling your skirt with different tops to see what suits you best.
- Don’t be scared to tuck your top in. It will elongate your body and highlight your waist.
- Prefer to have your top out? Try choosing a length that hits above the hips.
- Great fitting, supportive underwear is a great way to smooth out your silhouette and avoid visible panty lines.
- Thicker, less slinky fabrics such as ponte are great for disguising any midsection lumpy bits and it’s a fab weight for winter.
- For maximum swish factor go for a light drapey fabric like spandex or poly ITY.
- Change your whole look with your shoes! Sandals for summer, some Converse if you’re feeling hip, ankle boots for some style or rock through winter in some knee high boots.