Kaftan KIDS PDF SEWING PATTERN
Kids kaftan sewing pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
The Pattern Emporium Kids Kaftan is for boys & girls sizes 1 to 10. It's packed full of design options for you to choose from whether you're a new or experienced sewist. Choose from 3 lengths, with or without drawstring, hoodie, t-shirt neck, 2 different v-necks and much more.
- First I guide you through your choice of length - top, beach tunic or dress lengths
- Then you choose your neckline
- Then I guide you through sewing the whole thing up
NECKLINE DESIGNS TO CHOOSE FROM:
- T-shirt neck
- Boat neck
- Keyhole neck
- Decorative or Hidden Placket
- Narrow V-neck
Great options right! Don't be overwhelmed by your choices! They are simple and straightforward to sew with plenty of photos to guide you. Take a look at the awesome tester & customer photos for inspiration & ideas.
- drawstring or elastic casing,
- rounded edges,
- adding trim,
- panel detail,
- making a towelling beach hoodie.
Pretty great for one pattern don't you think!
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to intermediate.
|Chest (inch)||20 1/2 - 21 1/4||21 5/8 - 22 7/8||23 1/4 - 24 3/8||24 3/4 - 26 3/4||27 1/8 - 29 1/8|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- T-shirt Neck - cotton/lycra rib for neck band.
- Simple Boat Neck - 18mm (3/4") bias binding.
- Keyhole Boat Neck - 18mm (3/4") bias binding.
- Narrow V-neck - 18mm (3/4") bias binding.
- Decorative Placket - lightweight interfacing.
- Hidden Placket - lightweight interfacing.
- Drawstring - 18mm (3/4") bias tape (optional).
- Elastic Casing - 12mm (1/2") elastic.
- PRINTS: The gorgeous prints available to you in summer weight fabrics is endless: Cotton Voile, Quilting Fabric, Silk, Rayon, Linen & Linen Blends. Mix and match your prints with contrast binding & trims.
- BEACH: Please note that wearing a Kaftan is not a replacement for sunscreen as all fabrics differ in their sun protection properties.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: The following table outlines fabric requirements based on 110cm (44") fabric & 150cm (60") fabric.
Please note: (1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric. (2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra. (3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Dress||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 5/8||1 3/4||2|
|Beach||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 5/8||1 5/8||1 3/4|
|Top||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.