Calypso Kaftan : Neckline Add-on
Ladies PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
THIS IS A PATTERN ADD-ON - IT IS NOT A FULL PATTERN
To make this Kaftan, you’ll need to refer to the SunKissed Kaftan pattern (PE1507). This listing is a supplement ‘add-on’ to the SunKissed Kaftan pattern. It contains the pattern pieces for the necklines only. All other instructions are contained within the SunKissed Pattern. Click here for the full Calypso Kaftan pattern.
The NEW Ladies Calypso Kaftan is just in time for our fabulous Aussie Summer. It's packed full of options you can mix & match to suit any style or occasion. It's also fast & easy to sew.
NEW NECKLINES: Click here to see the line drawings (PDF file)
- SHINE-ON: Great décolletage coverage.
- SCOOP: Scooped front neckline.
- WILD & SEXY: Designed to fall off one shoulder.
This add-on guides you through cutting & sewing the Calypso necklines. It also contains a mini tutorial on cutting, joining, making & sewing binding. It's perfect for those who want to try binding for the first time or the more experienced who want to whip up a fast & easy kaftan.
You will need the SunKissed or the full Calypso pattern to cut & sew the actual kaftan. Throughout the tutorial you will be guided to exactly where you need to refer to our original Kaftan, the SunKissed.
THE ORIGINAL SUNKISSED KAFTAN INCLUDES:
- KAFTAN LENGTHS: Short top, long top, tunic, dress & maxi.
- SLEEVE LENGTHS: Short sleeve, 1/2 sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve.
- PATTERN HACKS: Add a sash, Add a drawstring, Maternity friendly side seam free with ties and more. It now also includes a free supplement on how to sew a fabulous breezy top finished with an elastic hem.
- PLUS: Tips & Tricks when working with tricky fabrics.
- Click here to see the size chart (PDF)
- To determine size, first measure around the bust. The tape measure should be firm but not tight. See pattern for more details about choosing your size.
FABRIC & TRIMS:
- Click here to see the fabric requirements chart (PDF)
- Rayon, Cotton Voile, Silk & Silk-like fabrics, Linen & Linen Blends.
- Your fabric needs drape. If it has any stiffness or a heavy body to it, it’s not going to fall nicely. My #1 recommendation is rayon. It just has such a lovely drape (make sure you prep-wash though).
- Please note that wearing a Kaftan is not a replacement for sunscreen as all fabrics differ in their sun protection properties.
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS <-- click for more details
CURRENCY CONVERSIONS <--learn more here
WIN A FREE PATTERN <-- click on the link to learn how
GET HELP WITH A PE PROJECT <-- click to visit our support group
PLEASE NOTE: Due the digital nature of our patterns, refunds after purchase are not possible.