Get Zipped A-line Skirt Sewing Pattern
Ladies A-line Skirt Sewing Pattern with Pockets
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
FEATURES & OPTIONS:
- Ladies A-line skirt
- 4 Lengths: mini, knee, midi & maxi lengths
- Midi & Maxi: short, regular & tall cutting lengths
- Shaped waistband
- Easy to sew centre back zip
- Size AU6-20 (approx. US2-16)
- Designed for woven fabrics
- Skill: Experienced Beginner
GLORIOUS LITTLE PATTERN HACKS:
And of course there are our fabulous extra options, that everyone loves, to add detail to your skirt. These include:
- Hidden Pockets
- Topstitched Utility Pockets
- Side Splits
- Front Split
- Belt Keepers
- Mock Wrap
- Our methods will help you achieve a professional looking skirt, easily, for you to love wearing.
- Learn a super easy zip method that is not only fast, it will help you stop avoiding sewing with zips. And in the process, make yourself a beautiful & versatile A-line skirt.
- Includes instructions to guide you through getting the fit right for your body.
SIZE RANGE: (AU) 6-20
|Hip/Seat (inches)||33 1/2||35 3/8||37 3/8||39 3/8||41 3/8||43 1/4||45 1/4||47 1/4|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
TRIM REQUIREMENTS: Dress zip: 18cm (7") or longer. Buttons: 2cm (3/4") x 1 or Snaps: size 20 x 2. Interfacing: 20cm (8").
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Daytime, casual, work, evening, special occasion.
Designed for wovens, quilting cotton is a great choice with it’s myriad of beautiful prints but don’t be scared to delve into the world of dress fabrics: structured denim, swishy rayons, soft chambray, smooth sateen or even suiting fabrics. Each different fabric has it’s own unique properties that can give your 'Get Zipped' Skirt a whole new look.
- The gorgeous prints available in quilting cotton ranges is endless. Mix and match your prints with contrast binding & details.
- Other options include denim, corduroy & cotton drill.
- Note: Ensure your fabric is not too thin. Do not use muslin or thin voile weight.
- If your fabric has a one-way print, ensure all pieces run the same way along the selvage.
|Long Mini||3/4||3/4||3/4||1||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/2||1/2|
|Knee||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 3/4||1 3/4||1 3/4|
|Midi||1 3/4||2||2||2 1/4||2 1/4||2 1/2||2 1/2||2 1/2|
|Maxi||2||2 1/4||2 1/4||2 1/2||2 1/2||2 3/4||2 3/4||2 3/4|
|Midi||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 3/4||1 3/4||1 3/4|
|Maxi||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 3/4||1 3/4||2||2||2|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.