Songbird Kimono & Cardi
Ladies Kimono PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
The Songbird Kimono and Cardi is a true trans-seasonal garment that will have you looking easy breezy chic through the warmer months and stylishly cosy in the cooler months.
From cropped to longline or a length in between, there is a style and sleeve option to fill your wardrobe with all year round.
- AU Size 6-24 (AU Size 6 = approx. US Size 2)
- 4 Lengths - cropped, cover-up (fingertip level), knee length & long line.
- 3 Sleeve Styles - semi flared, flared & tapered (plus sleeveless)
- 3 Sleeve Lengths - long, 3/4 & 1/2.
- Slight shaping in a subtle A-line silhouette
- Easy fit (size up for a gorgeously roomy fit)
- Sew in woven or knit fabrics
- Perfect for rayon & other drapey fabrics
- Now includes layered print-at-home pattern pages
- Learn to stabilise the shoulders for knits
- For beginners: a page just for you, outlining how to add a sleeve
- Go sleeveless - woven & knit finish instructions
- Add pockets
- Add a drawstring
- Easily shorten/lengthen kimono &/or sleeves
- And of course, our fantastic support Facebook Group is available to share &/or get help with your PE projects.
LINE DRAWINGS (pdf): Click here to view
SIZE CHART (pdf): Click here to view
SKILL LEVEL: Experienced Beginner
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Woven Fabrics: rayon, georgette, chiffon, crepe, lace (must have drape). Knit Fabrics: sweater knit, stretch lace, merino wool jersey, french terry, stretch velvet (velour), ponte (must have drape) viscose/rayon elastane, modal elastane.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS (pdf): Click here to view
PATTERN INCLUDES: Full colour, step by step instructions, print-at-home LAYERED pattern pages, plus A0 large format pattern, tips & tricks to help you achieve a professional finish, adjustment section, pattern hacks & more. Open & print in Adobe Reader.
FOR LARGER IMAGES, SCROLL THROUGH THE PHOTOS ABOVE.