Songbird Kimono & Cardi
Ladies Kimono PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
The Songbird Kimono and Cardi is a true trans-seasonal garment that will have you looking easy breezy chic through the warmer months and stylishly cosy in the cooler months.
From cropped to longline or a length in between, there is a style and sleeve option to fill your wardrobe with all year round.
- AU Size 6-24 (AU Size 6 = approx. US Size 2)
- 4 Lengths - cropped, cover-up (fingertip level), knee length & long line.
- 3 Sleeve Styles - semi flared, flared & tapered (plus sleeveless)
- 3 Sleeve Lengths - long, 3/4 & 1/2.
- Slight shaping in a subtle A-line silhouette
- Easy fit (size up for a gorgeously roomy fit)
- Sew in woven or knit fabrics
- Perfect for rayon & other drapey fabrics
- Learn to stabilise the shoulders for knits
- For beginners: a page just for you, outlining how to add a sleeve
- Go sleeveless - woven & knit finish instructions
- Add pockets
- Add a drawstring
- Easily shorten/lengthen kimono &/or sleeves
- And of course, our fantastic support Facebook Group is available to share &/or get help with your PE projects.
LINE DRAWINGS (pdf): Click here to view
SIZE CHART (pdf): Click here to view
SKILL LEVEL: Experienced Beginner
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Woven Fabrics: rayon, georgette, chiffon, crepe, lace (must have drape). Knit Fabrics: sweater knit, stretch lace, merino wool jersey, french terry, stretch velvet (velour), ponte (must have drape) viscose/rayon elastane, modal elastane.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS (pdf): Click here to view
PATTERN INCLUDES: Full colour, step by step instructions, print-at-home pattern pages, A0 large format pattern, tips & tricks to help you achieve a professional finish, adjustment section, pattern hacks & more. Open & print in Adobe Reader.
FOR LARGER IMAGES, SCROLL THROUGH THE PHOTOS ABOVE.