THIS IS A PATTERN ADD-ON - IT IS NOT A FULL PATTERN
To make this Kaftan, you’ll need to refer to the SunKissed Kaftan pattern (PE1507). This listing is a supplement ‘add-on’ to the SunKissed Kaftan pattern. It contains the pattern pieces for the necklines only. All other instructions are contained within the SunKissed Pattern. Click here for the full Calypso Kaftan pattern.
The NEW Ladies Calypso Kaftan is just in time for our fabulous Aussie Summer. It's packed full of options you can mix & match to suit any style or occasion. It's also fast & easy to sew.
NEW NECKLINES: Click here to see the line drawings (PDF file)
- SHINE-ON: Great décolletage coverage.
- SCOOP: Scooped front neckline.
WILD & SEXY: Designed to fall off one shoulder.
This add-on guides you through cutting & sewing the Calypso necklines. It also contains a mini tutorial on cutting, joining, making & sewing binding. It's perfect for those who want to try binding for the first time or the more experienced who want to whip up a fast & easy kaftan.
You will need the SunKissed or the full Calypso pattern to cut & sew the actual kaftan. Throughout the tutorial you will be guided to exactly where you need to refer to our original Kaftan, the SunKissed.
THE ORIGINAL SUNKISSED KAFTAN INCLUDES:
- KAFTAN LENGTHS: Short top, long top, tunic, dress & maxi.
- SLEEVE LENGTHS: Short sleeve, 1/2 sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve.
PATTERN HACKS: Add a sash, Add a drawstring, Maternity friendly side seam free with ties and more. It now also includes a free supplement on how to sew a fabulous breezy top finished with an elastic hem.
- PLUS: Tips & Tricks when working with tricky fabrics.
- Click here for the size chart
- To determine size, first measure around the bust. The tape measure should be firm but not tight. See pattern for more details about choosing your size.
SKILL LEVEL:Easy & Intermediate options
FABRIC & TRIMS:
Click here for fabric requirements.
- Rayon, Cotton Voile, Silk & Silk-like fabrics, Linen & Linen Blends.
- Your fabric needs drape. If it has any stiffness or a heavy body to it, it’s not going to fall nicely. My #1 recommendation is rayon. It just has such a lovely drape (make sure you prep-wash though).
- Please note that wearing a Kaftan is not a replacement for sunscreen as all fabrics differ in their sun protection properties.
OTHER DETAILSWHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS
<-- click for more details CURRENCY CONVERSIONS <--learn more here WIN A FREE PATTERN <-- click on the link to learn how GET HELP WITH A PE PROJECT <-- click to visit our support group PLEASE NOTE: Due the digital nature of our patterns, refunds after purchase are not possible.