Lovebug A-line Skirt
Lovebug A-line Skirt
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
The Girl's Lovebug A-line Skirt sits comfortably on the waist or lower waist depending on each child's preference.
It comes in Mini, Knee & Maxi Lengths & features a flat front waistband with an elastic back for a comfortable & easy fit for a growing body.
- Choose from 3 lengths: Mini, Knee length & Maxi
- Front pockets
- Flat front waistband with elastic back
- Panelled A-line sillhouette
- Lots of extra options for you to get creative
- Designed for woven fabrics. Perfect for denim, quilting cotton & chambray.
- Cute little mock belt
- Jean-style pockets
- Cargo-style side leg tabs
- Mini Mock Chelsea Skirt. A mock button front to match our Ladies Chelsea Skirt for a mummy & me styling.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat. This measurement is taken around the fullest part of the child's seat. The tape measure should be firm but not tight.To view full size chart on mobile devices, please turn to landscape view
|Hip/Seam (inch)||20 7/8||22||23 1/4||24 3/8||25 5/8||26 3/4||28||29 1/8||30 3/8||31 1/2|
LADIES SIZES: There are also 2 ladies A-line Skirts to choose from. Both cover (Australian) sizes 6-20. The Ladies Chelsea Skirt is similar to the Girls Lovebug Skirt with panelled detail & button front styling in Mini, Knee & Maxi Lengths. The Get Zipped Ladies Skirt features an easy zip & 4 different lengths - Mini, Knee, Midi & Maxi lengths.
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- All styles - 20mm (3/4") elastic. Interfacing.
- Curved Front Pockets - 2 x 15-25mm (5/8-1") buttons (buttons are purely decorative, no buttonholes required).
- Mock Belt - 1 x 25mm (1") buckle or tri-slider (tri-glider).
- Mock Button Front - 15-25mm (5/8-1") buttons. Mini 4-5 buttons; Knee 5-6 buttons. Maxi 6-8 buttons. (Note: buttons purely decorative, no buttonholes required).
- Cargo Style Tabs - 2 x 15-25mm (5/8-1") buttons (buttons purely decorative, no buttonholes required).
- Winter: corduroy, cotton velvet, wool or wool blends, denim.
- Summer: quilting fabric, linen, chambray.
- Transeasonal: cotton drill, cotton sateen, denim & quilting cotton
Please note: (1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric. (2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra. (3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Maxi||3/4||3/4||1||1 3/8||1 3/8||1 1/2||1 3/4||1 7/8||1 7/8||2 1/8|
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.
PLEASE NOTE: Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.