Tumble Bums (Unisex)
Kids shorts, knickerbockers & harem pants sewing pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
This shorts, knickerbocker & pants sewing pattern is designed for both girls & boys. The size range is from size 2 to size 14.
With simple styling, the Tumble Bums are easy fitting shorts, knickerbockers & pants. They are super practical with no side seams, no pockets, nothing fancy; just a great fit. Best of all, they are FAST & EASY TO SEW!!
Not only do you get to choose the style you want to make, you also get to choose between 4 awesome waistbands that are simple to sew & look professional. See below for more details.
There is also instructions outlining how to accommodate a gorgeous little pop belly that some of our kids have.
- 3 Shorts Lengths: high thigh (Sporty), mid thigh (Middies) & low thigh (Stompers).
- Knickerbockers or Bermudas - These sit below the knee.
- Plain Pants & Harem Pants.
- PLUS seperate cutting lines for boys & girls from size 6-14.
- PLUS belly adjustment instructions if your child has a cute little pot belly.
- The Covered Waistband: a simple fabric waistband with elastic placed inside which makes the waist gather up.
- The Topstitched Waistband: This is very close to what you’ll find in stores. I have simplified it so that you can easily make it at home. It features fabric covered elastic with 3 rows of topstitching.
- Exposed Elastic Waistband: Add contrast & colour to your pants/shorts/bloomers with this quick to sew, exposed elastic waistband.
- Stretch Knit Waistband: This one gets asked for the most. A super comfy waistband method using cotton lycra, that’s easy & fast to sew, & comfortable to wear.
PATTERN & TUTORIAL FORMATS:
- Tutorial : open & read in Adobe Reader (Free)
- Patterns : Open & print in Adobe Reader
- Print at Home Pattern (layers)
- A0 Copy Shop Pattern
SKILL LEVEL: Easy (Awesome beginners or fast sew pattern)
SIZE RANGE: 2-14 (see sizing chart below)
|Hip/Seam (inch)||21 1/4||22||23 1/4||24 3/8||25 5/8||26 3/4||28||29 1/8||30 3/8||31 1/2||32 5/8|
Note: there is no nappy allowance in this pattern.
WANT BABY SIZES? Baby/Toddler Tumble Bums (sizes 00000-3).
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- Harem Pants & Knickerbockers 12mm (1/2") elastic.
- Covered Waistband 20mm (3/4") elastic.
- Topstitched Waistband 38-40mm (1.5") elastic.
- Exposed Elastic Waistband 38-40mm (1.5") plush or decorative elastic.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Quilting cotton, cotton voile, linen, cotton blends, chambray, tencel, rayon.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: The following table outlines fabric requirements based on 110cm (44") fabric. Please note: (1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric. (2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra. (3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Middie||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||1 1/8||1 1/8|
|Stompers||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||1/2||1/2||1||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/4|
|Knickerbockers||3/8||1/2||1/2||1/2||5/8||3/4||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2|
|Bermudas||3/8||1/2||1/2||1/2||5/8||3/4||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2|
|Pants/Harems||5/8||3/4||3/4||7/8||7/8||1||1 1/4||1 3/4||1 7/8||2 1/8||2 1/4|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' in the box above, directly below the 'Add to Cart' button.