Tumble Bums KIDS UNISEX PDF SEWING PATTERN
Kids shorts, knickerbockers & harem pants sewing pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
This shorts, knickerbocker & pants sewing pattern is designed for both girls & boys. The size range is from size 2 to size 14.
With simple styling, the Tumble Bums are easy fitting shorts, knickerbockers & pants. They are super practical with no side seams, no pockets, nothing fancy; just a great fit. Best of all, they are FAST & EASY TO SEW!!
Not only do you get to choose the style you want to make, you also get to choose between 4 awesome waistbands that are simple to sew & look professional. See below for more details.
There is also instructions outlining how to accommodate a gorgeous little pop belly that some of our kids have.
- 3 Shorts Lengths: high thigh (Sporty), mid thigh (Middies) & low thigh (Stompers).
- Knickerbockers or Bermudas - These sit below the knee.
- Plain Pants & Harem Pants.
- PLUS seperate cutting lines for boys & girls from size 6-14.
- PLUS belly adjustment instructions if your child has a cute little pot belly.
- The Covered Waistband: a simple fabric waistband with elastic placed inside which makes the waist gather up.
- The Topstitched Waistband: This is very close to what you’ll find in stores. I have simplified it so that you can easily make it at home. It features fabric covered elastic with 3 rows of topstitching.
- Exposed Elastic Waistband: Add contrast & colour to your pants/shorts/bloomers with this quick to sew, exposed elastic waistband.
- Stretch Knit Waistband: This one gets asked for the most. A super comfy waistband method using cotton lycra, that’s easy & fast to sew, & comfortable to wear.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
SIZE RANGE: 2-14 (see sizing chart)
|Hip/Seam (inch)||21 1/4||22||23 1/4||24 3/8||25 5/8||26 3/4||28||29 1/8||30 3/8||31 1/2||32 5/8|
Note: there is no nappy allowance in this pattern.
SIZE RANGE: Baby/Toddler Tumble Bums (sizes 00000-3).
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- Harem Pants & Knickerbockers 12mm (1/2") elastic.
- Covered Waistband 20mm (3/4") elastic.
- Topstitched Waistband 38-40mm (1.5") elastic.
- Exposed Elastic Waistband 38-40mm (1.5") plush or decorative elastic.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: Quilting cotton, cotton voile, linen, cotton blends, chambray, tencel, rayon.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: The following table outlines fabric requirements based on 110cm (44") fabric. Please note: (1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric. (2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra. (3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Middie||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||1 1/8||1 1/8|
|Stompers||3/8||3/8||3/8||3/8||1/2||1/2||1||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/4|
|Knickerbockers||3/8||1/2||1/2||1/2||5/8||3/4||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2|
|Bermudas||3/8||1/2||1/2||1/2||5/8||3/4||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2|
|Pants/Harems||5/8||3/4||3/4||7/8||7/8||1||1 1/4||1 3/4||1 7/8||2 1/8||2 1/4|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' in the box above, directly below the 'Add to Cart' button.