Pants Pattern Adjustment : Fixing Smile & Frown Lines
PANTS PATTERN ADJUSTMENTS : FIXING CROTCH SMILE & FROWN LINES
If you have lines at the crotch you may need to lengthen or shorten the rise of your pants.
The direction of the lines, a smile or frown, will tell you whether you need to lengthen or shorten.
SMILE LINES (A):
- Tight diagonal drag lines at the front pointing out & up from the crotch.
- The rise is too low/short.
- This can happen because your rise is longer than what the pattern is drafted for.
- Add length to the rise above the curve.
- NOTE: These lines are similar to when a high hip adjustment is needed. BUT much shorter. Please check on the following page.
SOLUTION: Lengthen the rise.
FROWN LINES (B):
- Frown lines on the front, radiating from the crotch.
- On the back, there may also be horizontal lines below the waistband.
- The rise is too long.
Subtract length from the rise, above the curve.
HOW TO ADJUST IT: Click here or on the pic below.