Pants Pattern Adjustments : Full Calf Adjustment
If you have an athletic or prominent calf, you may require a Full Calf Adjustment for pants with a tapered lower leg.
This short tutorial outlines how to do that.
You will find that you have lines/creases:
- Horizontal lines above the calf.
- Pants get hung up on your calf.
- Pants tight at calf.
- Before you assess for a full calf adjustment, first check the position of the knee notch. You want it to be sitting right in the centre of your knee.
- If it falls below your knee, adjust evenly by pinning an even amount out above the knee. Then reassess the full calf situation.
- Slash & open the back leg to make room.
This full calf adjustment is illustrated on the Pattern Emporium Tapered Urban Pants.
Click here or on the picture below for a closer view.