Pattern Mash: Endless Summer Tee & Trapeze
Posted on 24 January 2018
Sew yourself a Sleeveless (or Feminine Flutter Sleeve) Trapeze Top or Dress
By combining the bodice of the Endless Summer Tee with the body of the
Trapeze Trio, you will have a beautiful, breezy, fabulously swingy top, tunic or
dress pattern with a whole heap more options that you can mix up for every day
of the week!
- Getting even more options out of your existing patterns
- Keeping cool in the steaminess of summer with the sleeveless option.
- Changing up necklines and adding features like flutter or cap sleeves.
- Hiding the dreaded muffin top.
- Accommodating a pregnant belly.
- Adding even more fabulous variety to your wardrobe.
PATTERN MASH INSTRUCTIONS
Below are step by step instructions showing you how to mash these 2 patterns to sew a sleeveless, flutter sleeve or cap sleeve trapeze top, tunic or dress.
Follow the size & fit instructions in either pattern to choose your size (see page 4).
1. ENDLESS SUMMER TEE:
You can use the neckline (crew, v-neck, high, scoop & deep scoop) & armhole (sleeveless, cap sleeve or flutter) of your choice.
- Print & cut out the top section of the tee along the placement line & around the neckline, shoulder, armhole & and a tiny bit down the side seam.
- Repeat on the back.
2. TRAPEZE TRIO TOP, TUNIC & DRESS:
- Print out the front (#1) & back (#2) trapeze pattern pieces (you will only need from the placement line, down).
- Trim 0.5cm off both the centre front & centre back line.
- Trim the top section off a few centimetres (1") above the placement line.
3. MASH YOUR PATTERNS:
- Place the revised front neckline/armhole piece on top of your revised trapeze piece, aligning the placement lines & centre front.
- Tape them together.
- Repeat on the back pieces.
4. CUT OUT YOUR NEW SLEEVELESS TRAPEZE PATTERN:
- Cut out your new pattern in the length of your choice: front & back.
- Cut out the Endless Summer Tee neck & arm bands (& flutter sleeves if that's your style) required for the style you're making (see the Endless Summer Tee pattern).
5. SEW YOUR NEW TRAPEZE TOP/DRESS:
- See page 6 in the Trapeze Trio Pattern for a guide to choosing suitable fabrics.
- Follow the instructions in the Endless Summer Tee Pattern to construct your new top/dress. See page 12.
So what are you waiting for!! Put on your pattern mash training wheels with this super simple mash. Sometimes it’s nice to get out of your comfort zone & have a little play to get a different fit or look from your patterns.
And remember, if you don't own either of these patterns, use the code PEBUNDLE2 for a 10% discount when you purchase 2 patterns.
Or if you've got your eye on a 3rd pattern, use the code PEBUNDLE3 for a 15% discount.