Ladies A-line Heartlight Skirt PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
- NOW WITH PATTERN LAYERS! -
This Knit A-line Skirt hugs the body at the waist, with a soft wide yoga-style waistband. The top edge of the waistband sits at the natural waist, with the bottom edge, sitting at the lower waist. The skirt falls away from the body in an A shape with lots of lengths to choose from to create different looks.
The Ladies Heartlight Knit Skirt in designed especially for stretch knit fabrics.
- A-line Skirt with magic swoosh hemline.
- Choose from 4 lengths - long mini, knee, long midi & maxi lengths.
- Soft wide yoga-style waistband.
- Fabric Guide: Extensive fabric guide to help you choose & cut your fabric.
- Styling Guide: To help you look fabulous!
- Hem Adjustment Guide: A clever little tip showing you what to do when your fabric is not wide enough.
- Photographed, step by step instructions.
- Sporty drawstring: with buttonholes or eyelets.
- 4-panelled skirt that uses contrasting fabrics to create a whole new look.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
AU Size 6-22. (Hip/Seat from 85-129cm or 33.5-50.5" - see chart below)
This pattern is sized using Australian sizing. If you're from another country, the sizing numbers may differ slightly from what you are used to. For example, AU Size 6 = (approximately) US Size 2.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat (20cm or 8" down from the natural waist). The tape measure should be firm but not tight. Do not measure over clothing.
See the pattern for a more detailed outline on choosing the right size for your body.
|Hip/Seat (inches)||33 1/2||35 3/8||37 3/8||39 3/8||41 3/8||43 1/4||45 1/4||47 1/4||49 1/4|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
Both 2-way & 4-way stretches are suitable for the Heartlight Knit Skirt. *However, it is recommended that you use a 4-way stretch for the waistband. See the pattern for detailed fabric information.
- 4-ways Stretch Knits - Ponte, Cotton Lycra, Polyester Elastane Jersey, Swimwear Spandex, Rayon Elastane, ITY Jersey, Bamboo elastane, Modal elastane, Viscose elastane, stretch velvet (velour), panne velvet, stretch lace.
- 2-way Stretch Knits* - Ponte, Polyester Knits, Polyester Jacquard, Rayon Knits.
For more detailed information about fabrics, visit the 'Ladies Heartlight Knit Skirt' Album in the Pattern Emporium Sewing Group on Facebook. You will also find more extensive information in the pattern itself.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: Please note:
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: METRES
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: YARDS
|KNEE||1||1||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4|
|MIDI: Short||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 3/4||1 3/4||1 3/4||1 3/4||1 3/4||2|
|MIDI: Mid||1 1/2||1 5/8||1 5/8||1 3/4||1 3/4||2||2||2||2 1/8|
|MIDI: Tall||1 5/8||1 3/4||1 3/4||2||2||2||2||2 1/8||2 1/8|
|MAXI: Short||2||2||2||2||2||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/4|
|MAXI: Mid||2||2||2||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/4||2 1/2|
|MAXI: Tall||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/8||2 1/4||2 1/4||2 1/2||2 1/2|
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.
PLEASE NOTE: Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.