Chelsea Button-Up Skirt
Ladies PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
The Pattern Emporium Ladies Chelsea Skirt embraces the iconic A-line style of both the 60's & 70's in a very modern & wearable way.
Follow the instructions & tips to sew yourself a professional looking skirt.
- Choose from 3 lengths: long mini, knee and maxi.
- Flattering A-line Silhouette
- Shaped Waistband
- Fit Guide
- Tips on sewing successfully with denim to get a professional looking finish
- Tips on cutting & sewing rayon
GLORIOUS LITTLE PATTERN HACKS:
Want More Options to Sew? Here are a few more extra options you'll find in this tutorial.
- Diagonal Front Pockets
- Utility Pockets
- Retro Pockets
- Cutting a Contrasting Panel Skirt
- Belt Loops
SPECIAL FIT GUIDE: As we've often discussed in our PE Facebook Group, our female bodies and wonderfully different & we vary a lot in our curves. I have dedicated 4 pages to helping you get the right fit for this skirt in the all new 'Quick Fit' guide.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
|Hip/Seat (inches)||33 1/2||35 3/8||37 3/8||39 3/8||41 3/8||43 1/4||45 1/4||47 1/4|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
TRIM REQUIREMENTS: Buttons or Snaps. Interfacing.
Buttons 2cm (3/4"): Mini x 6, Knee Length x 7, Maxi x 8-13.
Snaps (size 20): Mini x 8, Knee Length x 10, Maxi x 10-18.
Optional: Contrast thread for topstitching.
- Winter: corduroy, cotton velvet, wool or wool blends, denim.
- Summer: quilting fabric, linen, chambray.
- Transeasonal: cotton drill, cotton sateen, denim & quilting cotton
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Long Mini||1||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 3/8|
|Knee||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 5/8||1 3/8|
|Maxi||2 3/4||2 3/4||2 3/4||2 7/8||2 7/8||3 1/8||3 1/8||3 3/8|
|Long Mini||3/4||7/8||1||1||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/8|
|Knee||1||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4|
|Maxi||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 5/8||2 5/8|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.