Chelsea Button-Up Skirt
Ladies PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
The Pattern Emporium Ladies Chelsea Skirt embraces the iconic A-line style of both the 60's & 70's in a very modern & wearable way.
Follow the instructions & tips to sew yourself a professional looking skirt.
- Choose from 3 lengths: long mini, knee and maxi.
- Flattering A-line Silhouette
- Shaped Waistband
- Fit Guide
- Tips on sewing successfully with denim to get a professional looking finish
- Tips on cutting & sewing rayon
GLORIOUS LITTLE PATTERN HACKS:
Want More Options to Sew? Here are a few more extra options you'll find in this tutorial.
- Diagonal Front Pockets
- Utility Pockets
- Retro Pockets
- Cutting a Contrasting Panel Skirt
- Belt Loops
SPECIAL FIT GUIDE: As we've often discussed in our PE Facebook Group, our female bodies and wonderfully different & we vary a lot in our curves. I have dedicated 4 pages to helping you get the right fit for this skirt in the all new 'Quick Fit' guide.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
|Hip/Seat (inches)||33 1/2||35 3/8||37 3/8||39 3/8||41 3/8||43 1/4||45 1/4||47 1/4|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
TRIM REQUIREMENTS: Buttons or Snaps. Interfacing.
Buttons 2cm (3/4"): Mini x 6, Knee Length x 7, Maxi x 8-13.
Snaps (size 20): Mini x 8, Knee Length x 10, Maxi x 10-18.
Optional: Contrast thread for topstitching.
- Winter: corduroy, cotton velvet, wool or wool blends, denim.
- Summer: quilting fabric, linen, chambray.
- Transeasonal: cotton drill, cotton sateen, denim & quilting cotton
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Long Mini||1||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 3/8|
|Knee||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 1/2||1 5/8||1 3/8|
|Maxi||2 3/4||2 3/4||2 3/4||2 7/8||2 7/8||3 1/8||3 1/8||3 3/8|
|Long Mini||3/4||7/8||1||1||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/8|
|Knee||1||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 1/4|
|Maxi||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 3/8||2 5/8||2 5/8|
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.