Girls Playtime Pinny PDF PATTERN
Girls Pinafore Dress Sewing Pattern including Patchwork
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
This adorable little pinafore is the perfect sewing pattern to use all those little bits of fabric you've been saving. It is fabulous for both winter and summer fabrics & features a bib front, A-line skirt, elastic back waist & cross over straps. The Playtime Pinny can be made with or without patchwork detail shown on the front.
MAIN TUTORIAL: The main tutorial guides you through making a Patchwork Pinny dress as pictured in the cover picture (left).
- Making a Basic Playtime Pinny (without patchwork detail).
- Ruffle Straps
- Ruffle Back
- Ruffle Hem
- 4 pocket options: Hidden Side Pockets, Sweet Patch Pocket on the Bib & Ruffled or Bound Edge Sweetheart Front Pockets
- Patchwork placement variations: 6 or 8 Piece Symmetrical Patchwork, 3 or 4 Row Panelled Detail
- Colour Blocking
- Binding Detail
SKILL LEVEL: options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
|Chest (inches)||20 1/2||21 1/4||21 5/8||22 1/2||23 1/4||24||24 3/4||26|
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- All styles - 20mm (3/4") elastic. 2 x 18mm (3/4") buttons or size 20 snaps. Lightweight interfacing (fusing).
- Sweet Patch Pocket - 1 x 18mm (3/4") button.
- Sweetheart Pockets - 18-25mm (3/4-1") bias binding. You can also use lace if you prefer.
- Winter: corduroy, cotton velvet, wool or wool blends, denim.
- Summer: quilting fabric, linen, chambray.
- Transeasonal: cotton drill, cotton sateen, denim.
Please note: (1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric. (2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra. (3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics, in particular rayon.
|Pinny (yards)||1||1||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/8||1 1/8|
|Back only (metres)||0.45||0.45||0.5||0.5||0.55||0.55||0.55||0.6|
|Back only (yards)||1/2||1/2||1/2||1/2||5/8||5/8||5/8||5/8|
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.