Little Miss Heartlight Skirt
Girls Heartlight Stretch Knit Skirt Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
Introducing the little miss version of one of our most popular patterns: the Little Miss Heartlight.
This stretch knit skirt hugs the body at the waist, with a soft yoga-style waistband. The skirt then falls away from the body in a wide A shape with extra sweep at the hem for that gloriously sought after 'swoosh' & twirl factor.
WHAT'S IN THE PATTERN? Click here to view style sketches (PDF)
- 2 lengths: maxi & short (above the knee)
- The same awesome swoosh hemline that we love in the ladies version
- Soft stretch knit waistband
- Single sizing from 2-14
- Festival Skirt : an 8 panelled skirt perfect for using up those scraps.
- Easy belly adjustment guide if needed
- Fabric selection guide
- Easy customising
- Print at home & A0 patterns
- Step by step photographed instructions
- Sized using both the hip/seat measurement (approximately 53-93cm = 20.5-36") and the tummy measurement (approximately 51.5-80cm = 20-32")
- See the pattern for a more detailed outline on choosing the right size for your little ones body.
Q: IS IT HARD TO SEW?
A: It is fast & easy to sew. It is is suitable for the beginner through to the experienced.
Q: CAN I ADD OR SHORTEN THE LENGTH?
A: Yes. It's a very quick step. See the 'How to' section in the pattern.
Q: IS IT HARD TO MULTI SIZE?
A: Just like us, our kids are rarely a standard size. This pattern makes it easy for you to blend sizes to suit your little one.
Q: MY CHILD HAS A LITTLE POT BELLY:
A: Does your child wear skirts, pants & shorts lower, at the front waist making the hem dip down? For some it's because of a gorgeous little belly & others simply prefer to wear it that way. To allow for this, an extra (optional) cutting line has been added to the front skirt pattern piece to accommodate those gorgeous little bellies if required.
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics.
The Little Miss Heartlight Skirt works best with 4-way stretch fabrics, although 2-way stretch fabrics with a bit of vertical give can be used also. BUT whilst your skirt can be 4-way or 2-way stretch, your waistband MUST be 4-way stretch with elastane.
Fabric suggestions include cotton lycra, ponte, swim or leggings spandex, polyester knit, rayon elastane knit, bamboo elastane knit, ITY jersey, double brush polyester, French terry, velour or stretch velvet, scuba.
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? Most patterns contain both a print-at-home version & an A0 copy shop version.
For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click here on click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DIGITAL PDF Pattern. Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.