PDF Pattern: Ladies Starlight HiLo Knit Skirt
PDF Pattern: Ladies Starlight HiLo Knit Skirt Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
The Starlight HiLo Stretch Knit Skirt features a raised front hemline & lowered back hemline in an A-line silhouette.
OPTIONS & FEATURES: Click here to view sketches of each style
- 3 styles - Extreme, Subtle & Party
- 2 Pocket Styles - Stitched & Jean-style
- 3 Waistbands - Stretch Knit, Fold-over Yoga & Enclosed Elastic Waistbands
- Mashable with other patterns
- Designed to be sewn in a variety of stretch knit fabrics
3 STYLES (hemlines) to choose from to create different looks
- Extreme HiLo features a knee length front & maxi back.
- Subtle HiLo features a midi front & maxi back.
- Party HiLo features an above knee front & below knee back.
3 LENGTHS within each style, including height, waist to floor & finished garment measurements to help you find the perfect length: Short, Regular & Tall.
2 POCKET STYLES: Stitched & Jean-style.
Both of these designs also include 3 different pocket openings to suit your personal style.
3 WAISTBANDS: Stretch Knit, Fold-over Yoga & Enclosed Elastic Waistbands
- Stretch Knit Waistband gently hugs the body around the stomach.
- Fold-Over Yoga Waistband is double the width of the Stretch Knit Waistband. You can wear it as a wide panel or fold it over for double support over the tummy.
- Enclosed Elastic Waistband features a fabric covered elastic waistband: a great option if your fabric doesn’t have elastane or good recovery.
MASHABLE: The Starlight HiLo pattern also includes instructions on how to mash the HiLo hemline with the Spellbound Dress pattern AND how to add pockets to your Heartlight Skirt.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
The pattern also includes an extensive guide on helping you choose your fabric.
AU Size 6-22 = Hip/Seat from 85cm - 129cm (33.5" - 50.5")
This pattern is sized using Australian sizing. If you're from another country, the sizing numbers may differ slightly from what you are used to. For example, AU Size 6 = (approximately) US Size 2.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat (20cm or 8" down from the natural waist). The tape measure should be firm but not tight. Do not measure over clothing.
See the pattern for a more detailed outline on choosing the right size for your body.
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
Click here to see fabric requirements (PDF - both metres & yards)
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics.
Both 2-way & 4-way stretches are suitable for the Starlight Knit Skirt. *However, it is recommended that you use a 4-way stretch for the waistband. See the pattern for detailed fabric information.
- 4-ways Stretch Knits - Ponte, Cotton Lycra, Polyester Elastane Jersey, Swimwear Spandex, Rayon Elastane Knits, ITY Jersey, Double Brush Polyester.
- 2-way Stretch Knits* - Ponte, Polyester Knits, Polyester Jacquard, Rayon Knits.
For more detailed information about fabrics, visit the 'Ladies Starlight Skirt' or the 'Ladies Heartlight Skirt' Album in the Pattern Emporium Sewing Group on Facebook. You will also find more extensive information in the pattern itself.
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DIGITAL PDF Pattern. Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.