The Starlight HiLo Stretch Knit Skirt features a raised front hemline & lowered back hemline in an A-line silhouette.
OPTIONS & FEATURES: Click here to view sketches of each style
- 3 styles - Extreme, Subtle & Party
- 2 Pocket Styles - Stitched & Jean-style
- 3 Waistbands - Stretch Knit, Fold-over Yoga & Enclosed Elastic Waistbands
- Mashable with other patterns
- Designed to be sewn in a variety of stretch knit fabrics
3 STYLES (hemlines) to choose from to create different looks.
- Extreme HiLo: knee length front & maxi back.
- Subtle HiLo: midi front & maxi back.
- Party HiLo: above knee front & below knee back.
3 LENGTHS within each style, including height, waist to floor & finished garment measurements to help you find the perfect length: Short, Regular & Tall.
2 POCKET STYLES: Stitched & Jean-style. Both of these designs also include 3 different pocket openings to suit your personal style.
3 WAISTBANDS: Stretch Knit, Fold-over Yoga & Enclosed Elastic Waistbands
Stretch Knit Waistband gently hugs the body around the stomach.
Fold-Over Yoga Waistband is double the width of the Stretch Knit Waistband. You can wear it as a wide panel or fold it over for double support over the tummy.
Enclosed Elastic Waistband features a fabric covered elastic waistband: a great option if your fabric doesn’t have elastane or good recovery. 40-50cm elastic (1.5-2").
MASHABLE: The Starlight HiLo pattern also includes instructions on how to mash the HiLo hemline with the Spellbound Dress pattern AND how to add pockets to your Heartlight Skirt.
SKILL LEVEL: Options vary from easy to advanced beginner.
The pattern also includes an extensive guide on helping you choose your fabric.
SIZE RANGE: AU Size 6-22 = Hip/Seat from 85cm - 129cm (33.5" - 50.5")
Click here to see the size chart (PDF)
This pattern is sized using Australian sizing. If you're from another country, the sizing numbers may differ slightly from what you are used to. For example, AU Size 6 = (approximately) US Size 2.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat (20cm or 8" down from the natural waist). The tape measure should be firm but not tight. Do not measure over clothing.
See the pattern for a more detailed outline on choosing the right size for your body.
Click here to see fabric requirements (PDF - both metres & yards)
Both 2-way & 4-way stretches are suitable for the Starlight Knit Skirt. *However, it is recommended that you use a 4-way stretch for the waistband. See the pattern for detailed fabric information.
- 4-ways Stretch Knits - Ponte, Cotton Lycra, Polyester Elastane Jersey, Swimwear Spandex, Rayon Elastane Knits, ITY Jersey, Double Brush Polyester.
- 2-way Stretch Knits* - Ponte, Polyester Knits, Polyester Jacquard, Rayon Knits.
TRIMS: Enclosed Elastic Waistband 40-50cm (1.5-2") elastic. Length: Lower waist measurement or waist + 10cm (4").
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DIGITAL PDF Pattern. Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.