THIS IS A DIGITAL PDF SEWING PATTERN.
Sew a cover for your Thermomix TM31, TM5, TM6 or your overlocker serger.
Unlike all the rest of my kitchen appliance, my Thermomix sits permanently on my kitchen bench. I felt like it needed a little special cover for the rare occasion that it’s not whipping us up something delicious.
This tutorial contains instructions to make a cover for the:
- Thermomix TM31.
Thermomix TM6 (as this has same dimensions as the TM5).
- Overlocker Serger Cover - It can also be made as a cover for your standard size overlocker or serger.
It’s a very simple pattern you can whip up in an afternoon. It features an outside shell, soft middle padding & an inner lining. It’s then all finished off with some easy contrast binding around the base. There’s even a choice of pockets, one especially designed as a handy place to keep your Quick Reference Guide.
So raid your fabric stash and find something amazing to match your kitchen & dress up your ‘Thermie’.
Width = 29cm (11 1/2”)
Depth = 30cm (11 3/4”)
Height = You have a choice of 2 heights:
- *31cm (12 1/4”) for the TM31
- 34cm (13 1/2”) for the TM5
*The shorter height (TM31) easily fits my standard overlockers.
- Fabric (for outer & lining).
- Fusible Pellon* - also known as fusible wadding, padding, fleece or vilene. I find the thicker Vilene H640 works well to keep the cover’s form.
- Thread to match
- 25mm (1”) Binding (store bought or make your own. Click on icon for tutorial).
Cover Fabric (112cm/45” wide): 70cm (27.5”)
Lining Fabric (112cm/45”wide): 70cm (27.5”)
Fusible Pellon (90cm wide): 70cm (27.5”)
25mm (1”) Single Fold Binding: 135cm (53”)
NOTE: estimate is for one pocket. If adding 2 pockets, add another 25cm to cover fabric.
PLEASE NOTE: Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.