Ladies Wanderlust Dress PDF PATTERN
Ladies fit & flare dress with sleeves for stretch knit fabrics
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
The Wanderlust Dress is designed for stretch knit fabrics & features a selection of necklines, sleeves & dress lengths.
The bodice section is designed to fit the upper body firmly but comfortably & includes a centre back seam, allowing you to further shape the dress to suit your body if required.
With 4 lengths to choose from, the skirt section flares out in a wide & flattering A-line silhouette, from the hip bone to the hemline.
The slimline sleeve comes in three lengths & there are two flared sleeves with a softer, more relaxed fit, making it an all season pattern.
- Designed to be sewn in a variety of stretch knit fabrics
- Banded neckline
- Fitted upper body (firm but not tight)
- Shaped through the waist
- Shaped centre back seam for a better fit
- A-line silhouette
- Slimline or flared sleeves
- Mashable with other patterns
- Includes fast & easy instructions for a Full or Small Bust Adjustment if required
- 3 Necklines - scoop, high scoop or crew
- 3 Slimline sleeve lengths - short, 3/4 & long
- 2 Flared sleeve lengths - short & 1/2
- 4 Dress lengths - short, knee length, midi & maxi
EXTRA HOW-TO's: We often discuss in our Facebook Group, how different womens bodies are; even those with the same basic measurements. Sometimes little tweaks are needed to provide the perfect fit just for you. For most, this won't be necessary. But for others, it makes the world of difference to fit, comfort level & how confident you feel in your new outfit.
For this reason, this pattern includes a fast & easy guide for a Full or Small Bust Adjustment if required. Plus bodice length & sway back adjustments, again, if needed.
ONLINE PATTERN HACKS: The following patterns hacks for the Wanderlust Dress are available on the website. Click on each option to visit & download the instructions.
- Adding a Cuff (available now)
SKILL LEVEL: This pattern is suitable for the experience beginner.
It also includes a 'Quick Sew Guide' for the experience sewist.
AU Size 6-22 = Bust from 75cm - 120cm (30" - 45")
This pattern is sized using Australian sizing. If you're from another country, the sizing numbers may differ slightly from what you are used to. For example, AU Size 6 = (approximately) US Size 2.
See the pattern for a more detailed outline on choosing the right size for your body.
Click here to see fabric requirements (PDF - both metres & yards)
(1) The estimates below do not include directional fabrics. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to help estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
(2) If you are sewing with rayon, remember to allow for shrinkage & buy a little extra.
(3) Also it’s wise to pre-wash your fabrics.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: 4-way stretch fabric with 50-100% horizontal stretch & a minimum of 25% vertical stretch.
Suitable fabrics include ITY, cotton elastane, poly elastane, poly jersey, swimwear fabric, ponte, rayon elastane, rayon bamboo elastane, stretch lace, stretch velour (stretch velvet), double brushd polyester.
* Note: swimwear & leggings fabrics may fit firmer than other fabrics due to the nature of the stretch.
PATTERN EMPORIUM FACEBOOK GROUP: Click here to join our fabulous group of awesomely skilled & helpful women who love to sew and, in particular, love to sew Pattern Emporium. Get help with Pattern Emporium patterns, show off your Pattern Emporium creations & be part of a growing group in our fantastic Handmade Community.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? For a summary of what each Pattern Emporium pattern contains, click on 'What's Included' under 'OTHER' on the pink menu bar above.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DIGITAL PDF Pattern. Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.