Ladies Spellbound Dress PDF PATTERN
Ladies fit & flare dress for stretch knit fabrics
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
* only one coupon code can be used per order
With it’s flattering fit and flare silhouette, the Spellbound Dress is the perfect all-rounder.
A sewing pattern for stretch knit fabrics, this style is gently shaped through the body (bust & waist). It is designed to fit the upper body firmly but comfortably.
It then flares out in a wide A-line silhouette, from the hip bone to the hemline. It is designed to fit the upper body firmly but comfortably.
OPTIONS & FEATURES: Click here to view sketches of each style
As usual, there are style options to choose from:
- 2 Banded Necklines: scooped or high neckline.
- 3 Arm Designs: cap sleeve, sleeveless & flutter.
- 4 Lengths: short, knee, midi & maxi - making this dress extremely versatile for the weekend, date night, work, home, a casual BBQ or a movie with the girls.
- Sewing a fit test & adjusting the pattern to suit your unique body
- Stretch guide
SKILL LEVEL: Easy (you can do it!!)
FORMAT LEVEL: PDF Pattern
AU Size 6-22 = Hip/Seat from 85-129cm (33.5" - 50.5")
Click here to view the size chart (PDF - both centimetres & inches)
This pattern is sized using Australian sizing. If you're from another country, the sizing numbers may differ slightly from what you are used to. For example, AU Size 6 = (approximately) US Size 2.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat (20cm or 8" down from the natural waist). The tape measure should be firm but not tight. Do not measure over clothing.
You will find more detailed information in the Size & Fit section of the pattern (pages 4- 5).
FABRIC, TOOLS & SUPPLIES:
Click here to view fabric & trim requirements (PDF - centimentres/metres & inches/yards)
Please note the following:
- CONTRAST BANDS: add 10cm (4”) of contrast fabric
- FLUTTER: Add 30cm or 1/4 yard
- SHRINKAGE: The above estimates do NOT allow for fabric shrinkage. When washed, some fabrics (like rayon) shrink a lot, others hardly shrink at all. Always order more that the requirements & always pre-wash before cutting to avoid your garment being too short or small.
- SWAY BACK ADJUSTMENT: If you make a sway back adjustment, you will need extra fabric.
- DIRECTIONAL FABRIC: If your fabric has a directional print or a nap like velour, you will need extra fabric. I recommend you cut out the pattern & lay the pieces down on a flat surface to estimate fabric needs for directional fabric.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS: 4-way stretch fabric with 50-100% horizontal stretch & a minimum of 25% vertical stretch.
Suitable fabrics include cotton elastane, poly elastane, poly jersey, Boo! spandex, swimwear fabric, ponte, rayon elastane, rayon bamboo elastane, stretch lace, stretch velour, double brushed polyester.
FORMAT: This is a digital PDF sewing pattern.
DOWNLOADING YOUR PATTERNS: Sign into your account, then scroll down to 'My Downloadable Files' at the bottom. Your purchases will be there whenever you need them. Both a print at home & a copy shop version of the files are included.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR PATTERN? CLICK HERE for a summary of what is generally included in Pattern Emporium patterns. Each pattern may contain some or all of these.