Busy Boys Shorts
Boys Shorts PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
Need a pair of boys shorts that are rough & tumble tested?
That have the essential treasure hunting pockets?
How about a pair of boys shorts that fit awesomely with instructions to help you achieve a professional finish?
The Busy Boy Shorts are all these things.
In fact, a huge % of Pattern Emporium customers have said that the Busy Boy Shorts are the best fitting boys shorts pattern in their collections.
SO WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THEM?
- #1, they fit well.
- You can make them in 3 different lengths:
- Play Length: to mid thigh, Jump Shorts: to the knee, Urban Shorts: below the knee.
- Easy elastic pull on waistband.
- Easy to fit.
- Fast & easy to make.
KIDS ARE CRAZY ABOUT POCKETS!
You watch! Make your little one a pair of these shorts, with pockets and see how much they love them. They are perfect for hunting & storing treasures.
- Front pockets.
- Back pockets.
- They even have side leg pockets if you want to add them.
- And pocket flaps or pocket tabs if you like... or not.
- Did i mention they have pockets?
- Size range: 2-14 (see chart below).
- Skill: Fast & easy to sew.
- Professional looking finish.
- They can be easily simplified into a quick sew pair of shorts without pockets.
- Topstitching is optional for added detail.
- Both print at home pattern pages AND large format pattern you can print at the print shop.
- There are also heaps of photos to guide you and the instructions are broken down into simple units to make them achievable by all.
- Along the way you'll also find tips to help you achieve a professional finish on your PE garment.
To determine size, measure around the hip/seat. This measurement is taken around the fullest part of the child's seat. The tape measure should be firm but not tight.
|Hip/Seam (inch)||21 1/4||21 5/8||22 7/8||24||25 1/4||26 3/8||27 1/2||28 3/4||29 7/8||31 1/8||32 1/4|
To view full size chart on mobile devices, please turn to landscape view.
FABRIC & TRIM OUTLINE:
- Fabric Suggestions: Quilting Fabric, Chambray, Cotton Drill, Cotton Sateen, Linen, Corduroy, Denim.
- Fabric Estimate: See chart below.
- Trims: Interfacing, 25mm (1") elastic.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: METRES
These fabric requirements are based on 112cm (44") fabric. All in one fabric. See pattern for contrast fabric requirements.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: YARDS
These fabric requirements are based on 44" (112cm) fabric. All in one fabric. See pattern for contrast fabric requirements.
|Play Shorts||5/8||5/8||3/4||7/8||7/8||1||1||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 1/2|
|Jump Shorts||3/4||3/4||7/8||7/8||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 5/8||1 3/4|
|UrbanShorts||3/4||7/8||7/8||1||1||1 1/8||1 1/4||1 1/4||1 3/8||1 5/8||1 3/4|
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS <-- click for more details
CURRENCY CONVERSIONS <--learn more here
WIN A FREE PATTERN <-- click on the link to learn how
GET HELP WITH A PE PROJECT <-- click to visit our support group
PLEASE NOTE: Due the digital nature of our patterns, refunds after purchase are not possible.