Sashay Flared Shorts
Ladies Flared Shorts Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
A LITTLE BIT OF SASS
AND A WHOLE LOT OF COMFORT
The Sashay Shorts are your next Summer staple, with a little bit of sass & a whole lot of comfort.
You won’t be able to help but to give a little swish as you sashay everywhere in your new shorts!
Go from beach to street in your favourite stretch knit fabrics in a style that wears like a skirt but has the comfort & security of a pair of shorts.
1. Slimline Flare: This style has a very subtle amount of flare in the legs. Sew them up in swimwear fabric for the perfect swim shorts.
2. Medium Flare: Drafted from a half circle, these shorts are fun, flirty & very feminine.
3. Full Flare - Our fullest shorts, this flare is 3/4 of a circle, making them the prettiest shorts on the block.
- Waisted Shorts - sitting just below the natural waist.
- Softly drapes into a flared hemline.
- Slightly dropped crotch to help create the perfect drape.
- 3 levels of flare : Slimline, Medium & Full.
- 3 cutting lengths : Swim (hemless), Short & Long.
- 6 waistband options including maternity & maternity-friendly.
- 2 pocket options.
- Easily customise length.
- Femininity of a skirt & practicality of shorts.
- Its soft silhouette lends itself to your favourite knit fabrics.
- AU 6-24 (Approximately US 2-20)
- Measure 20cm (8") down from natural waist (Hip/Seat Measurement 85-135cm (33-53")
- Click HERE for our body measurement chart.
- Use your hip/seat measurement to determine your shorts size for this pattern & your waist to determine only the waistband size.
- Measure over SKIN not clothing.
- See pattern for more detailed outline of size & fit.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
This tutorial contains step by step, photographed instructions.
Beginner sewists will also find our supportive Facebook Pattern Support Group an awesome resource.
FABRIC & TRIMS
This pattern is designed for stretch knit fabrics & requires 4-way stretch or 2-way stretch with vertical ‘give’.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS TABLE: Click here to view the fabric requirements (PDF) for this style.
FABRICS SUGGESTIONS: Ponte, Cotton Lycra, Swimwear Spandex, Viscose or Rayon Elastane, Modal Elastane, Bamboo Elastane, Double Brushed Poly, Merino Wool Knit, Stretch Velvet (velour), Liverpool, Scuba, Poly Elastane Jersey, French Terry, Blends of the above,
STRETCH FACTOR: 25+% horizontal stretch & a minimum of 10% vertical stretch. To learn more about stretch factor, click on the icon to visit the website here. We will show you how to easily determine the stretch factor of your fabric.
YOGA WAISTBAND: This fabric needs good stretch & recovery. Ensure it contains Lycra, spandex or elastane.
TRIMS: 40mm (1.5”) elastic for Enclosed, Covered or Decorative Waistband or 25mm (1”) elastic for Covered or Decorative Waistband
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS
THE PDF PATTERNS:
- PDF pattern pages to print at home with size layers
- Large format AO PDF pattern file also with size layers (full colour with dashed lines for colour or b/w printing).
- If you're unsure what layers are & how to use them, see our step by step guide here.
- Open & print in Adobe Reader. No scaling.
IN THE TUTORIAL:
- Full colour tutorial with interactive links
- Step by step guide to getting started
- Beginner Friendly
- Tips & Tricks
- Size & Fit Guide
- Custom Sizing Guide
- Extra 'Customising for your best fit' pages
- Finished Garment Measurements
- Fabric & Trim Guide
- Printing & Cutting Guide
- Full colour tester photos to inspire you
- Styling Tips from Mel Hall
PLEASE NOTE: Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: Once you get to the checkout, all currencies convert to Australian Dollars. But please don't worry, it's the same amount just converted into a different currency than you are perhaps used to.
Simply put: it will be paid into Pattern Emporium's account in AUD (Australian Dollars) but will come out of your account in the currency of your bank. So if you're in the US, in USD.
Click here to visit the Pattern Emporium Support Group.
Once you've sewn your shorts, we love to see it in the Pattern Emporium Facebook Group. And if you need any help along the way, from choosing fabric to little tips, head straight there.