Sashay Flared Shorts
Ladies Flared Shorts PDF Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
A LITTLE BIT OF SASS
AND A WHOLE LOT OF COMFORT
The Sashay Shorts are your next Summer staple, with a little bit of sass & a whole lot of comfort.
The Sashay Shorts is a stretch knit flared short pattern. It comes in a variety of lengths, flares & finishes. They are perfect for daywear & even beachwear.
You won’t be able to help but to give a little swish as you sashay everywhere in your new shorts!
- 3 levels of flare : Slimline, Medium & Full (see below for more detail)
- 3 cutting lengths : Swim (hemless), Short & Long.
- 2 pocket options: Foxy & jean-style
- 6 waistband options: yoga (maternity friendly), narrow yoga, shaped maternity, enclosed elastic, covered elastic, decorative elastic.
- Waisted design - sitting just below the natural waist.
- Softly drapes into a flared hemline.
- Slightly dropped crotch to help create the perfect drape.
- Easily customise length.
- Femininity of a skirt & practicality of shorts.
- Its soft silhouette lends itself to your favourite knit fabrics.
IN MORE DETAIL:
- Slimline Flare: This style has a very subtle amount of flare in the legs. Sew them up in swimwear fabric for the perfect swim shorts.
- Medium Flare: Drafted from a half circle, these shorts are fun, flirty & very feminine.
- Full Flare - Our fullest shorts, this flare is 3/4 of a circle, making them the prettiest shorts on the block.
- AU 6-24 (Approximately US 2-20)
- Hip/Seat Measurement 85-135cm (33-53")
- Use your hip/seat measurement to determine your shorts size.
- Measure 20cm (8") down from natural waist
- Use waist measurement to determine your waistband size.
- Click HERE for our body measurement chart.
- Measure over SKIN not clothing.
- See pattern for more detailed outline of size & fit.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
This tutorial contains step by step, photographed instructions.
Beginner sewists will also find our supportive Facebook Pattern Support Group an awesome resource.
FABRIC & TRIMS
This pattern is designed for stretch knit fabrics & requires 4-way stretch or 2-way stretch with vertical ‘give’.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS TABLE: Click here to view the fabric requirements (PDF) for this style.
FABRICS SUGGESTIONS: Ponte, Cotton Lycra, Swimwear Spandex, Viscose or Rayon Elastane, Modal Elastane, Bamboo Elastane, Double Brushed Poly, Merino Wool Knit, Stretch Velvet (velour), Liverpool, Scuba, Poly Elastane Jersey, French Terry, Blends of the above,
STRETCH FACTOR: 25+% horizontal stretch & a minimum of 10% vertical stretch. To learn more about stretch factor, click on the icon to visit the website here. We will show you how to easily determine the stretch factor of your fabric.
YOGA WAISTBAND: This fabric needs good stretch & recovery. Ensure it contains Lycra, spandex or elastane.
TRIMS: 40mm (1.5”) elastic for Enclosed, Covered or Decorative Waistband or 25mm (1”) elastic for Covered or Decorative Waistband
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS <-- click for more details
CURRENCY CONVERSIONS <--learn more here
WIN A FREE PATTERN <-- click on the link to learn how
GET HELP WITH A PE PROJECT <-- click to visit our support group
PLEASE NOTE: Due the digital nature of our patterns, refunds after purchase are not possible.