Free Spirit Skirt
Ladies Midi, Maxi, Hilo & Front Split Skirt Sewing Pattern
© This pattern & tutorial is for SINGLE USER ONLY. The purchaser may print a personal copy, but it is not to be reproduced or shared in any way, including in print or digital form.
I love seeing both new & experienced sewers enjoy sewing & wearing clothes made using my patterns. I also know that not everyone can sew. So, small home-based handmade businesses selling items on Facebook, Etsy or similar, are welcome to sell products made from Pattern Emporium patterns, but I do kindly ask that you reference Pattern Emporium somewhere in your product descriptions.Due the nature of the item, refunds after purchase are not possible.
One coupon code can be used per order.
The Free Spirit Skirt is free spirited, dreamy, romantic, fun & everything you ever wanted in a skirt! Including pockets!!
With its swoon worthy options and full hemline, get ready to be totally swept away by its whimsical swishability.
With a soft gather at the waist, the Free Spirit Skirt flows gently over the hips, flaring out to a full hem with maximum ‘swish’.
With a professional looking elastic waist, it is designed to be worn at the natural waist, lower waist, or even on the hips if that’s what you prefer.
Style options include midi, maxi, hilo & front split. Plus loads of extras.
✔️ Maxi & Midi lengths. Hilo & Front Split.
✔️ Beautiful full hemline sweep for maximum swoosh.
✔️ Professional elastic waistband.
✔️ A-line silhouette.
✔️ Size range: AU6-22.
✔️ Fast & easy to sew.
✔️ Custom make your own perfect length.
✔️ 3 cutting lengths so you can cut to your height: short, regular & tall.
✔️ Mock Drawstring.
- AU 6-22 (Approximately US 2-18)
- Measure 20cm (8") down from natural waist (Hip/Seat Measurement 85-130cm (33-51")
- Click HERE for our body measurement chart.
- Use your hip/seat measurement to determine your size for this pattern.
- Measure over SKIN not clothing.
- See pattern for more detailed outline of size & fit.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
This tutorial contains step by step, photographed instructions.
Beginner sewists will also find our supportive Facebook Pattern Support Group an awesome resource.
- Woven fabrics with drape :
- Rayon, Voile, Georgette, Crepe, Charmeuse, Chiffon.
- Click HERE for the fabric estimate table
- Enclosed Waistband : 40mm (1.5”)
- Topstitched Waistband: 40mm (1.5”)
- Covered Waistband: 25mm (1”) or 40mm (1.5”)
- Paperbag (Enclosed) Waistband : 40mm (1.5”)
- Paperbag (Covered) Waistband : 25mm (1”)
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PATTERNS <-- click for more details
CURRENCY CONVERSIONS <--learn more here
WIN A FREE PATTERN <-- click on the link to learn how
GET HELP WITH A PE PROJECT <-- click to visit our support group
PLEASE NOTE: Due the digital nature of our patterns, refunds after purchase are not possible.